Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday for 4m old and 2.5 year old.....where?

32 replies

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 16:44

Where would you go? Probably have a week annual leave that can be used

OP posts:
Please
or

lovemenorca · 28/12/2019 16:44

When and budget?

Please
or

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 16:48

Probably May/June time. Budget is pretty flexible but not keen on long flight times for just a week

OP posts:
Please
or

lovemenorca · 28/12/2019 16:49

When you say flexible - could you afford £>5k for the week? Because i have a fab rec if so!

If under £2k then different kind of rec

Please
or

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 16:51

Possibly is affordable but would rather spend less to be honest. We have used Mark Warner previously and had a great time which was far less so it would have to be incredible to justify the extra if that makes sense

OP posts:
Please
or

lovemenorca · 28/12/2019 16:59

Check out Porto Sani in Greece
Unbeatable in my opinion for families

Please
or

AnotherEmma · 28/12/2019 17:00

With those ages I'd go to center parcs, it's so easy and relaxing, and in future when DC1 is school age it would be much more expensive to go in the school holidays.

If you're feeling more adventurous there are lots of family friendly places in Europe. I would go self catering personally. I'd look on baby friendly bolt holes or tots to travel. I looked at villagesdegites.fr recently although not booked or been to any as yet.

Please
or

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 17:07

I'll have a look, thank you @lovemenorca

Centre parcs we could do but I'd really like some warmth! Will have a look at those companies, thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

OverByYer · 28/12/2019 17:09

Menorca is nice for families and a short flight

Please
or

justtheonethen · 28/12/2019 17:10

Menorca is fabulous for kids. Short flight, nice food, good beaches, easy to drive round.

Please
or

embolass · 28/12/2019 17:12

Club Pollentia complex in Majorca, situated in the bay between Alcudia and Porto Pollenca. Perfect for families, lovely food, beautiful grounds short flight and would be perfect temp for little ones. Been 3 times!

Please
or

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 17:16

Is there plenty to do on Menorca? We aren't the types to sit around and do nothing. Mark Warner holidays and fly drives have been our previous sort of style

OP posts:
Please
or

lovemenorca · 28/12/2019 17:17

Let’s be honest here - not a huge amount you can “do” with barely a new born and a toddler!

Surely just gentle walks, may be a boat trip, down to the beach, stroll around a marina... that kind of thing? In which case, menorca lovely

Please
or

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 17:20

When DC1 was a littlie we used to holiday as per pre kids, just popped him in a sling...
But yes i guess you're right, having two of them will be very different

OP posts:
Please
or

Bunnybigears · 28/12/2019 17:22

Menorca is good although some resorts are based on cliff tops with many many stairs to the beach so that's something to watch out for.

Please
or

lovemenorca · 28/12/2019 17:23

But yes i guess you're right, having two of them will be very different

Yep!

Please
or

Mylittlepony374 · 28/12/2019 17:25

Main advice I'd have for kids that age is book accommodation with a balcony and view. When they're in bed it's nice to sit out in warmth and have a glass of wine and a chat rather than inside watching tele in a language you don't understand....

Please
or

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 18:03

@mylittlepony374 DC1 has perfected falling asleep in the pram if need be for evening wanders which is a big help but great tip thanks

May also look at villas

OP posts:
Please
or

lovemenorca · 28/12/2019 18:09

But a lot can change in 6 months in terms of nap routine, so definitely worth bearing in mind

Please
or

GrumpyHoonMain · 28/12/2019 18:11

Fuengirola, somewhere near Andy’s beach if possible.

Please
or

TheFairyCaravan · 28/12/2019 18:14

I came on to say Menorca too.

Somewhere like Santo Tomas or Cala Galdana (my favourite) would be idea because the beaches are flat no accessible

Please
or

Booboostwo · 28/12/2019 18:21

Martinghal resort, Sagres, Portugal. Heavenly with children.

Please
or

Singlenotsingle · 28/12/2019 18:21

Butlins

Please
or

OverByYer · 28/12/2019 18:45

We stayed in Calla n Bosch in menorca . Lovely little resort. The two main towns are pretty and interesting too( cuitadella and Mahon)

Please
or

happycamper11 · 28/12/2019 18:49

To be honest, wherever you want to go. It will be the last time for a while they will be so easily entertained and portable

Please
or

Bibbidybobbitysplated · 28/12/2019 19:22

@happycamper11 my toddler is far from portable already but he loves a busy holiday Smile

Thank you for the ideas. Will be looking at them all!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?