Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can you book flights through US websites?

3 replies

TheStirrer · 24/10/2019 16:55

I want to book some flights to the US for next year and I have spotted some on American Airlines. I accidentally went to us site so in usd so then looked at uk sight and it is so much more expensive! Does anyone know if you can book using the us site?
I have an prepaid card with plenty of dollars on there so am happy to pay in dollars!

OP posts:
Please
or

handbagsatdawn33 · 24/10/2019 18:58

Why not ask AA themselves?

Please
or

Expressedways · 24/10/2019 19:07

I thought this was a known ‘hack’ (annoying word but I can’t think of a better one) to get cheaper flights. If you go all the way through the booking process, it will ask you for your country of residence, and for the billing address. If are able to answer this correctly and it’s not preset to the US then it will be fine. Just a warning though, thinking of when I recently booked a one way from Europe to the U.K., it automatically charged me in Euros on the BA website even though I was using the US site. So it might default back to GBP if your first flight originates in London. Also check the BA website for prices- last time we flew AA booking them via BA as a codeshare was actually cheaper!

Please
or

BritWifeinUSA · 26/10/2019 05:02

It’s common for the fares booked here not to include bags or seat allocations. So although the fare may be cheaper, once you add the cost of bags it might not be such a saving.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?