Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

car seat easyjet

3 replies

Lasa · 19/10/2019 22:14

We've booked little one a seat on an easyjet flight and it would seem we need to take a car seat (thought we'd be able to hold her using lap belt as we have on previous flights and then use empty seat for a bit of room). Has anyone else had experience of car seat with easyjet? Their website seems to imply as long as seat meets dimensions (less than 42cm) and is forward facing it can be used. There's no mention of airline approval. Can anyone share their own experience.

Can anyone advise on where I can find a list of uk aeroplane approved car seats? I can only find infant carriers!
Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

partysong · 19/10/2019 22:16

How old is she?

I bought the Britax eclipse for DS (2 years) but the airplane (TUI) wouldn't let us on with it despite their website indicating they would

Please
or

Longdistance · 19/10/2019 22:19

How old is your dd?
Did you want to use a car seat? I’m assuming it’s a normal car seat you use from 9mo.

I travelled from Oz with an extra seat and dd2 was on my lap, she was on the seat when the seatbelt sign was off.

Please
or

Lasa · 19/10/2019 22:27

Wow thanks for the speedy replies. She'll be 15 months. We are happy not to use a seat to be honest and hold her. it's only and hour flight but easyjet implying if shes got a seat she needs a car seat. Their site says it needs to be 42cm and forward facing it can be used so want to take our Joie tilt.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?