Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

LION KING OR CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG TICKETS

4 replies

nightmare · 11/08/2004 08:45

I am in London next week 18/8 and cannot get tickets for either of the above for me and my daughter for the matinee performance.Can anyone help , thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Earlybird · 11/08/2004 14:49

Suggest you call some of the ticket agencies to see if they have anything. In the past, I have used First Call, Rakes, Albermarle and Ticket Select - but I have no idea if they still exist. If the tickets are available through an agency, you'll pay a significant mark up - but that's probably the only way you'll get in. I have also heard rumours of people who wait many hours at the Half Price ticket booth in Leicester Square to purchase any reserved tickets that have been turned back in. But, of course, there are no guarantees that your patience will be rewarded.

Alternatively, presume you're staying in a hotel? If it's a good one, the concierge desk sometimes can pull off a miracle and locate impossible to find tickets - but again, you'll pay a premium.

Please
or

Earlybird · 11/08/2004 14:58

As a last resort, you could simply show up at the theatre 30 minutes before showtime and buy tickets off the street from a tout, or from someone who legitimately needs/wants to offload. Of course, if you do that, there's no guarantee that you'll find someone with 2 tickets to sell - so you and dd could have to sit apart......

Please
or

addle · 11/08/2004 15:22

there are definitely ways to get same day tickets for lion king - have a look on the theatre website. good luck.

Please
or

SoupDragon · 11/08/2004 15:25

Phone the box office for returns?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?