Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Help - Belinda no mates needs a holiday!

12 replies

DelGirl · 11/06/2004 18:41

I am on my own (no children) and love my holidays but unfortunately friends are either booked up, busy or have no holiday at the moment and I want to go away the last week of June. Any suggestions please. I've just spent ages on the 'net' and the best I can come up with (which doesn't bankrupt me) is a flight to Gerona and 4 nights in a hotel. All the other holidays I have to pay for 2 people! tia.

OP posts:
Please
or

baldrick · 11/06/2004 19:16

Could you try a single holiday company, know that some travel agents have holidays for singlies, not much help but can't think of a lot.

Please
or

DelGirl · 11/06/2004 19:26

Thanks Baldrick, yes I have but they're either holidays for ravers in their 20's or are really really expensive. I hate being penalised for being on my own.

OP posts:
Please
or

codswallop · 11/06/2004 19:27

Not here are deffo companies theat cater for this

Please
or

codswallop · 11/06/2004 19:28

here

Please
or

DelGirl · 11/06/2004 19:50

Thanks codswallop - i've had a look and the cheapest I could find on there was about £800. Average prices were well over £1k. Unbelievable and that was for mainland Spain. Thanks anyway, looking more like I shall go independently and 'slum' it for a few days. I do live by the sea so maybe i'll just stay put and spend the money on something else ..just wish we could rely on the weather!

OP posts:
Please
or

Janh · 11/06/2004 21:00

Delgirl, does it have to be a hotel or would self-catering be an option?

Please
or

aloha · 11/06/2004 21:30

Gerona is a lovely city. I'd love to go back there.

Please
or

DelGirl · 11/06/2004 21:59

janh - i'll consider anything, just dont want to have to pay too much tho, feeling quite low at the moment so don't want to spend the earth on feeling low somewhere else. Just need a boost before I start ivf again.

Aloha - I flew to Gerona in March but didn't actually stay there so i'm going to look for hotels there I think. I can get a flight from Bournemouth (10 mins away) Just would rather go somewhere a little more scenic.

Thanks for the tips

OP posts:
Please
or

Janh · 11/06/2004 22:17

Delgirl, would something like this do you? £213 pw and it says it's available that week. You'd need a car though.

The site covers all of Europe so you could have a look at Italy too.

Please
or

Janh · 11/06/2004 22:18

Oh, hang on, I have Gerona and Genova mixed up!

Please
or

DelGirl · 11/06/2004 23:43

awww thanks for that janh - will take a look

OP posts:
Please
or

jampot · 11/06/2004 23:46

what about here

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?