Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Plays in London's west end - recommendations please!!

7 replies

tayroo · 08/05/2004 10:09

Hi everyone,

My sister-in-laws are coming to the UK for the first time ever (they're from SA and this is their 1st overseas trip) and I'd appreciate any recommendations of plays they should see in the West End.

OP posts:
Please
or

sis · 08/05/2004 10:21

The Reduced Shakespeare Company shows are brilliant - very funny and lighthearted - don't let the word Shakespeare in the title make you think it is 'proper' Shakespeare' it definately isn't.

Please
or

Marina · 08/05/2004 20:24

If they are coming soon, well-reviewed current productions include All's Well That Ends Well (with Judi Dench), Hamlet at the Old Vic (Ben Whishaw/Imogen Stubbs) and Michael Frayn's play about Willy Brandt, Democracy.
My personal pick of the musicals would be Anything Goes. The London transfer of The Producers is shortly hitting town too...
Hope they have a wonderful time here!

Please
or

unicorn · 08/05/2004 20:33

Jerry Springer - the opera...
(But only if they aren't easily offended!!)
It's hysterical. (well amusing [email protected]!)

Please
or

EmilyD · 12/05/2004 12:41

I would highly recommend going for a big musical, Phantom, Les Miserables etc (if they are still running!)

Please
or

EmilyD · 12/05/2004 12:41

I would highly recommend going for a big musical, Phantom, Les Miserables etc (if they are still running!)

Please
or

tammybear · 20/05/2004 20:39

The Lion King is amazing! Seen it 3 times, going again for the fourth time in the summer! Lol, and you dont have to be a fan of the movie to enjoy it.

Please
or

unicorn · 23/05/2004 20:04

Chitty Chitty Bang BANG- Brilliant fun...(not just for kids either!)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?