Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Children's residential activity holidays

3 replies

frogs · 31/03/2004 20:54

dd1 (nearly 9) is really keen to go on one of these this summer. Any experiences? Recommendations?

OP posts:
Please
or

misdee · 31/03/2004 20:57

not been on one, but i know there is one of mersea island. we used to go camping on the island with family, and walk past the kids camp on the way into town. there was always activities going on, and everyone looked like they were having fun. i know my cousin and my brother broke in and joined in on some activities and they liked it.

Please
or

tamum · 31/03/2004 21:17

No experience, but I used to live near The Mill on the Brue and that always seemed to be full of kids having a great time. They've been doing it for years, too, which is quite reassuring. I've definitely seen positive reviews in the papers a few times, but you could do with some direct reports really, couldn't you?

Please
or

Freckle · 31/03/2004 21:38

I've just booked my eldest 2 to go on a 3d summer camp on the Isle of Wight. No direct experience, but good reports from others. I'm sure they will have a blast and my main problem will be dealing with DS3 who will be left at home with no playmates

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?