Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Child friendly activity in CAmbridge - any suggestions?

3 replies

Cll · 04/03/2004 15:02

going to a 39th Birthday party at The Felix Hotel in CAmbridge on Sat night and spending the sat and sun there with kids aged 2 and a half and 5. My recollection of Cambridge is that its freezing even on a mild day so wondered if anyone knew of any indoor play centres/ballparks, kiddie friendly museums or places of interest - or even outdoor activities on the off chance it isn't below zero.

All suggestions welcome

OP posts:
Please
or

Marina · 04/03/2004 15:17

If you have your car with you Duxford is well worth a visit, cll. It's just south of Cambridge off the M11.
Also in that direction is Wimpole Hall and Home Farm, which might be having one of its lambing weekends.
I know these are both partly outdoors but you might be lucky

Please
or

Cll · 05/03/2004 20:39

thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

cazzybabs · 05/03/2004 21:02

There is also the sedgwick museum which has a dinosaur skeleton, punting - you can even get little lifejackets, there are plenty of outdoor play areas, the botantical gardens, Wimpole hall is great and also (although I have never been) there is a zoo at Linton (10 miles out of Cambridge) and Shepreth Wildlife Park, parkside pool as a toddler pool, Planet Zoom at Ely has bowling and an indoor play area and the The Red Lion pub in Grantchester has an indoor play area too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?