Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

days out near Weymouth?

7 replies

annh · 02/03/2004 13:19

Have finally got around to booking a week away in a cottage near Weymouth for the week before Easter and am looking for ideas of things to do with ds1 and 2, aged 5 and just turned 3. As I only have two days hols left, I will be there for the weekend and Mon/Tues and then dh will be looking after them on his own for the rest of the week! So any indoor/outdoor activity ideas or nice places to eat would be great!

OP posts:
Please
or

MrsCOdswallop · 02/03/2004 18:46

OOH now there is someone who lives near there. Look onthe travle topic for Dorset days out.

I can do eastern dorset but not so far West

Nice place to eat (adults)is at Bridport, hmmm let me think of its name, right onthe sea front...

Please
or

tamum · 02/03/2004 19:00

Are you thinking of the fish place in West Bay? Bridport isn't actually on the coast. If so it's called the Riverside, I think. There's quite a lot to do in and around Weymouth. If you want indoor places there are a few quite sweet museums in Dorchester (Teddy Bears, Dinosaurs). I'll keep thinking!

Please
or

MrsCOdswallop · 02/03/2004 19:04

yes thats it. its near water tammum!!

Please
or

tamum · 02/03/2004 19:07

West Bay is, yeah! I've never been in there, only seen it, is it good?

Please
or

MrsCOdswallop · 02/03/2004 19:09

It wa s years ago - very casual in style and good ay lunchtimes too - need to book ahead. Lovely huge fruits de mer platter.

Please
or

suzywong · 02/03/2004 19:21

Monkey World is near Wool, I think, not too far
There'a a sea life centre in Weymouth, but West Bay should keep them happy for a whole morning or afternoon.
Ahhhh childhood memories

Please
or

binker · 03/03/2004 12:12

Lucky things - I love that part of Dorset ! Go to Lyme Regis (nice pub/restaurant for lunch there, near the Cobb) and West Bay or Charmouth for strolls along the beaches and fossil hunting. Portland lighthouse is always very dramatic and wild.Didn't like Monkey World very much though - was very busy and it was difficult to get near to the cages (though it probably was summer so much more hectic).There's a fab cafe in Bridport in the arts centre place. Sealife centre in WEymouth is fun, plus there's the Brewers Quay complex...

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?