Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Singapore hotel needed for v short stopover

6 replies

MaggieW · 04/02/2004 19:57

We're having a short stopover which is around 15 hours. Any suggestions for a hotel which is not too far from airport and which would be suitable for toddler and baby? Something with family room perhaps?

OP posts:
Please
or

sibble · 05/02/2004 03:50

I am pretty sure there is one in the airport itself which you can hire by the hour. I was planning on using it next time on the way through. The airport, if you havn't been, is fantastic, even has carp pond and little bridges, kiddie play area etc. so no shortage of things to do once you're there.
It was a fair drive in hotel taxi to hotel we stayed at last time in main shopping area.

Please
or

janinlondon · 05/02/2004 11:37

I can second what Sibble said. The hotel inside the airport is fine for a short stopover, unless you are wanting to sightsee. If you leave the airport remember that you have to come back through customs/immigration etc and the check in procedure all starts over again - so you'll lose a few hours of your 15 there. Not sure if the Changi airport hotel does suites, but if they do its worth it to have a room with a bed and another with a sofa or two when you have children. We used a suite in KL airport and found it a Godsend - one parent can sleep while the other keeps the kids happy if not everyone is in sleep mode.

Please
or

eidsvold · 06/02/2004 19:33

check out the Changi airport website that will tell you about the airport - I have a feeling there is a hotel....

Please
or

eidsvold · 07/02/2004 18:10

have just found a guide for Changi airport - there are transit hotels found on level 3 of departure/transit lounges.

If you want to email me at edwali at excite dot com then I can pop it into the mail if you like.

Please
or

popstar · 07/02/2004 18:28

I've used the transit hotel in Changi, although not with children and it is perfectly nice. It's definitely one of the best airports in the world with cinemas, play areas etc. I would think that's your best bet. I didn't book, but was travelling alone. I'm sure you'll get info on the airport website.

Please
or

suzywong · 07/02/2004 19:34

I agree with everyone here, you really can't go wrong with a hotel at Changi, it is so modern and well designed and you really don't want to be faffing about with transiting kids and luggage and all that palava in just 15 hours. If your toddler gets bored take him for a run round the airport, there is a fanatsic enormous aquarium which will keep him/her fascinated (that's what we did)
Have a good time

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?