Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Hotel/B&B near waterloo station?

9 replies

sylvev · 21/01/2004 22:29

Hi, we're off to Euro-disney for half-term and need to stay one night in London, near Waterloo station. Can anyone recommend anything? Many thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

SueW · 21/01/2004 23:22

A popular mumsnet recommendation: Travel Inn County Hall

Please
or

ks · 21/01/2004 23:23

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

SueW · 21/01/2004 23:57

OOoh Marriott County Hall is lovely - we stayed somewhere near the top a few years ago (when they were building the Eye) - room with two large double bed, sitting area, bathroom overlooking the river. But quite pricey and 'the cheap seats' (Travel Inn) are in the same bldg. Oh and DH was none too impressed with the staff at 1am when he was trying to find a taxi to get his (female) boss to the station (we'd all eaten dinner together but I'd gone to bed earlier with DD).

They used to have lots of Ken Livingstone cartoons in the loo. Wonder if they are still there.

Please
or

sylvev · 22/01/2004 16:00

Thanks everyone. I'm looking into your suggestions.

OP posts:
Please
or

Tinker · 22/01/2004 18:45

sylvev - are either you or your husband civil servants? There's a place opposite Waterloo Station where civil servants get cheap rates.

Please
or

eddm · 22/01/2004 19:24

Tinker, are you talking about the Union Jack Club? Even if not, is an idea Sylvev, just opposite station (don't be put off by the name think it started as a place for forces personnel)

Please
or

Tinker · 22/01/2004 19:26

That's the one eddm. Yes, the name makes it sound like some BNP meeting place but it's good value.

Please
or

sylvev · 23/01/2004 19:55

The story so far... The travel inn is fully booked (why, oh why are we going away in half-term!!), and the other hotel only has a smokers family room available(don't fancy that,really). I'll look into this other suggestion, we're not civil servants but it sounds promising. Many thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

batey · 23/01/2004 20:04

Slvev, keep checking the county hall. I had this last summer when they said they were full, and then 2 rooms came up due to cancellations. It's a big hotel so somones bound to cancel at some point. Good Luck.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?