Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

where to go for mother's 60th....

1 reply

vivat · 18/09/2003 09:11

The title says it all, it's my mother's 60th next August, and I'd like to rent a villa for a week or two. There will be at least 7 adults, three children and two babies. She likes Tuscany, but I think that will be both too expensive and too hot in August. Has anyone got any ideas for an inexpensive villa for lots of people.

thanks in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

Azure · 18/09/2003 09:20

For their 60th birthdays a few years ago, my parents did a similar thing, and rented a villa near Carcasonne in France for all the family. They were on a restricted budget and booked through Bowhills. The price included a ferry trip for one car, which my impoverished brother used, and the rest of us made our own way there (my sister from Hong Kong). What about Normandy or Brittany - somewhere that wouldn't be too hot and may be more accessible for everyone to get there?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?