My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Beach with rock pools nearest to london?

9 replies

marz · 02/09/2005 09:59

Does anyone please know the nearest beach to go rock pooling near london? We are North London, and I know southend is the nearest but I am not sure that they have rock pools, I have been trawling the internet and am not getting much. I think Brighton is the next best bet, but could anyone help please? We want to go tomorrow....Saturday!

OP posts:
noddyholder · 02/09/2005 10:06

Rottingdean just outside Brighton has great rock pools and is a lovely place for a day trip.Went there twice last week really nice both times

marz · 02/09/2005 10:12

thankyou Noddyholder!

OP posts:
Thomcat · 02/09/2005 10:15

What a lo ley idea. I used to adore rock pools when I was a kid. My dad was a butcher and we used the mneat slops buckets to collect or carbs and stuff in!
We used to go to Dorset all the time and there were loads of rock pools but not exactly near London, sorry. Think I'll check out Rottingdean myself when lottie is walking, sounds fab.
Also would Sherringham and round there have rock pools, I'd imagine so?

marz · 02/09/2005 10:21

where is sherringham please? I am looking on google earth...

OP posts:
Kelly1978 · 02/09/2005 10:23

sherrignham is in north norfolk, bit far from london.

MascaraOHara · 02/09/2005 10:28

There's a bay near Yarmouth called gorsford (or something like that) apparently it's very good for rock pools etc.. not being though but maybe somebody else on here knows about it.

tigermoth · 02/09/2005 10:37

we went rock pooling this week at Broadstairs. When the tide is out, there are rockpools. check the tide tables on the internet before you go.

If you just want to get to the beach, broadstairs was fab - we stayed for two days, and nearly went again today!

Thomcat · 02/09/2005 10:39

oh Broadstairs is lovley.

I know Sherringham is far, sorry, I was thinking more of me for later! Sorry! D used to go there as a kid as his granparents had a house there.

dinny · 02/09/2005 10:43

not really rock pools with interesting things in, but lovely pools with sandy bottoms on beach at West Wittering. Just been and dd and her friends had fab time playing in their dinghies, swimming.

But prob not what you are after... (it's near Chichester - took us 2 hours from South London)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.