Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

We are still waiting to hear from Warwick.

Beaconoflight · 26/03/2022 09:29

Is it normal ? Shall we be worried? Its my first time sending a chid to uni so I’m not too sure

OP's posts:
Please
or

pearlypinknails · 26/03/2022 09:30

Lots on WIWIKAU waiting for Warwick (and Durham and St Andrews) still.

Please
or

MarchingFrogs · 26/03/2022 14:24

If you and your DC applied on time, then to comply with its contract with UCAS, the university has to provide a response by 19th May. If they don't, then unfortunately, your applications are cancelled. I have no idea how common this is, but Warwick does have a reputation for taking its time to consider applications.

Please
or

Darbs76 · 26/03/2022 18:48

So frustrating. Warwick was the first my son heard from, but very much course dependant. He’s only waiting on Edinburgh now, heard from St Andrews last week, and Imperial in the same week. Like buses!

Please
or

NCTDN · 27/03/2022 11:02

Which course is it?

Please
or

lightisnotwhite · 27/03/2022 12:13

Totally course dependant. DS got an offer back from Warwick last month.. Also applied for two at Portsmouth and got an unconditional from one and nothing from the other.
The second he wants as his insurance. Annoying.

Please
or

mimbleandlittlemy · 27/03/2022 18:26

When ds applied in 2020 Warwick was the very last to come in, just before the deadline for unis telling students. All his science friends heard very early but the arts people all heard very late.

Please
or

MarchingFrogs · 27/03/2022 19:25

DS1 (Biochemistry, 2015 entry, all A predicted) and DS2 (History of Art, 2021 entry, A* A B predicted) both heard back from Warwick reasonably quickly

• DS1 definitely by Christmas, DS2 less certain, as he was very remiss at checking emails, Track etc. DD (whatever Warwick's version of IR and French is, AAA predicted) was still waiting at least at the point at which she was booking offer holder days elsewhere and beyond. Iirc they all applied sometime between the last week in November and the end of the first week in December. In DD's case, we assumed that the two department thing might be the issue, but that year, I think Warwick were just being generally slow.

None of them chose to go there in the end, but DS2 had had a good relationship with the depart all the way through, having taken part in the regular sessions they ran for sixth formers.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.