Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

UCAS Profile - personal or school email address?

keepmeloggedin · 23/10/2020 16:50

Hi. DS is in y12 and was encouraged to set up a UCAS profile by his school, but I'm pretty sure he did it using his school email address. If so, am I right in thinking he should change it to his personal address so he doesn't lose access when he leaves school? Or is it standard to use a school address? Maybe he can add a personal address too, in which case it wouldn't be an issue.

OP's posts:
Please
or

CraftyGin · 23/10/2020 16:53

As long as he is done with UCAS up to 31st August in his final year, he should be fine with his school email. But he can change it at any time.

Please
or

shockthemonkey · 23/10/2020 17:18

I should think that his school will allow him to continue using his school email for many months after he leaves - I know many do.

Please
or

cologne4711 · 23/10/2020 17:19

DS' college says use a personal email address, not the college one.

Please
or

ThankyouPeter · 24/10/2020 14:13

We were in the same position and changed it to his personal email address. We actually created him a new one for all university related things such as student finance, banking etc. Which he agreed I could also have access to. You get quite a lot of emails as things progress so it seemed much easier to have it linked to an email address that you can can an alert for rather than having to log in to the school email every day. You will get an email from UCAS when you receive an offer for example so it's nice to get a notification so you can check straight away.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.