Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

anyone clarify what SAAS are on about?

SockYarn · 24/08/2020 19:26

I have secured a postgrad place for October, part time over three years. Was told that SAAS (scottish student finance) would cover fees for first 2 years, not final year which is just writing the thesis.

FIlled in a (pretty crappy) online form - things like it asked me for my name and date of birth, but there was nowhere to state what my birth name was given that my surname has changed. Got an acknowledgement the next morning and a "we are experiencing significant delays message.".

Another message asking me to log in this morning, and my dashboard says "We have assessed your entitlement to this award and will confirm your entitlement in your award notice."

So what does that mean? That I should wait for a letter in the post? That i've been approved, or not, and for how much?

I applied for the full amount for the year - £3400 - there was mention of caps but of course the form isn't set up to allow you to only claim as much as you're entitled to.

And if I HAVE been awarded a loan to cover fees, how do I get the cash? Or does it go straight to my Uni?

(I graduated in 1995 before tuition fees and loans were really a thing, this is all new to me)

OP's posts:
Please
or

SockYarn · 25/08/2020 14:07

Updating my own thread - award letter now on my portal and all is clear.

And i've just spent £142 on books.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.