Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Any mature students having to defer modules to next year?

Layladylay234 · 22/04/2020 20:57

I'm really struggling. I'm 34 weeks pregnant, have gestational diabetes and am in my final year of my degree for occupational therapy. have 4 deadlines before my due date, my 10 year old son is at home and I'm definitely sinking. I can't concentrate on work, I'm constantly exhausted with everything coming with lockdown (meal planning takes so much longer because there's 3-4 of us at home all the time and I have to avoid specific things with the diabetes, we can't just nip out to the shops when we need to, I'm having to find all the stuff for the baby online, I'm having to keep on my son to get off his tech and do school work in the hours agreed). I'm at breaking point.

Does anyone know anything about me possibly deferring these modules for a year? I'm having to retake my placement module anyway because I was sick in the first trimester and got signed off so it wouldn't be delaying my graduation. My partner is of the opinion I should try and get 2/3 modules done and defer the dissertation but I'm starting to doubt whether I should just concentrate on 1/3 modules.

Has anyone got any advice about deferring? I've sent an email to my PAT but in the meantime whilst I'm waiting.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DominaShantotto · 23/04/2020 19:04

No advice but if the schools aren't back by September, and with this talk of having different year groups in different days - I'm possibly going to have to, but I'll just have to do a blanket year off if so. I'm hoping if I need to that my university will look kindly on it as my grades this year are so high but I don't fancy having to integrate with another cohort if I need to.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.