Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Fastest way to get needed uni qualifications

AgeOfDragons · 30/01/2020 00:15

I’d like to go to uni to do English and move to the city, I live rurally at the minute and I’d be a mature student (30) with kids

My highest level of education is GCSE, I have 11 of them including an A&B in English Lang/Lit. Everything else is C & above

I’m absolutely rubbish at online learning, tried an access course with Open Uni and it didn’t work out for me.

Happy to do night classes or attend a college, happy to do a BTEC or A Levels, I just don’t know where to begin. Any advice would be great!

The university would likely be northern (Northumbria, Newcastle, Leeds)

OP's posts:
Please
or

ConsolidateTheBiscuits · 30/01/2020 00:19

How about an Access Course at college? That's what I did.

Please
or

Snowglobes · 30/01/2020 06:47

Have a look at the 3 university websites you’re interested in. Find a couple of courses you are interested in and look at their admission criteria. As a mature student it’d be worth your while contacting the admissions office for the courses you fancy and asking them directly. Many universities offer foundation degrees, which may be appropriate.

Please
or

LIZS · 30/01/2020 07:31

Access course or extended level 3. What do you hope to study? Some courses may take you onto a vocational course with foundation year as a mature student with relevant experience.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.