Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Did you do an agricultural course? Harper Adams uni, Shropshire

vivariumvivariumsvivaria · 29/05/2019 09:14

DD is looking at doing a degree in animal/agriculture. We live in a big city and have no connections to the countryside so, this is a bit of a learning curve. She has a niche interest, and will absolutely love the learning - I'm just a bit confused about how agricultural colleges work.

Anyone got info on what it's like to live in campus at Harper Adams near Telford?

It looks to me like the students will stay on site in the middle of nowhere in the first year and then rent somewhere else where there are pubs and commute.

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Serin · 30/05/2019 23:16

I have friends whose DC have attended there and loved it and my DC have visited for parties.
It is quite well known for its parties Wink
We did go to an open day but TBH it put one of ours right off! It is in the middle of nowhere, he imagined it would be quite claustrophobic.

Please
or

MyKingdomForBrie · 30/05/2019 23:18

I grew up five minutes away, they are legendary for their partying! Its not in the middle of no where at all, several towns nearby (Telford is hideous though!).

Please
or

vivariumvivariumsvivaria · 31/05/2019 00:22

Partying is going to be right up her street.

Hmmm.

It's so different to what we know! We'll go for the open day, she's totally sold on it. If it was a big city uni I'd be fretting too, I guess.
Thanks both

OP's posts:
Please
or

AdaShelby · 31/05/2019 00:28

DS has friends there and has been to visit.

The parties are next level wild.

Please
or

pink412 · 31/05/2019 00:39

Know people who have been and loved it. Harper is one of the better AG unis so if you can get a place grab it. The party lifestyle is great we heard. First year is halls then normally renting a house next to a pub

Please
or

vivariumvivariumsvivaria · 31/05/2019 10:41

'Party" - that means a couple of alcopops and bed, alone, by midnight, having washed face, brushed teeth and done some mindfulness, right?

she's never leaving home

OP's posts:
Please
or

midgeland · 31/05/2019 13:53

I grew up nearby too! Newport has (had?) significantly more pubs than such a small town had any right to and I'm sure that's because the Harper students were such good customers.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.