Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Decent hosepipe

universallychallanged · 23/05/2020 19:18

We have just bought some cheap hosepipe off ebay (well DH chose it) for watering our garden - but it is thin and kinks at the slightest bend and stops the water flowing. I have told him that you get what you pay for. Before we order a replacement, can anyone recommend a brand that does not block when you bend it and that will last a few years. We need 25 metres and I'd like to spend less than £25. Help please!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Oldraver · 23/05/2020 19:21

I replaced my nearly 20 year old Hozelock one a couple of years ago and it is still prone to kinking

I'd look at X-Hose but read some bad reviews, but wish I'd got that now

Please
or

bodgeitandscarper · 23/05/2020 19:23

Trifle as used by professionals won't kink and last you years. It is bright yellow though!

Please
or

KingOfDogShite · 23/05/2020 19:23

I always use the cheap expandable hoses from b&m. They normally last a couple of wears before they explode.

Please
or

bodgeitandscarper · 23/05/2020 19:23

Triplex not trifle!

Please
or

bodgeitandscarper · 23/05/2020 19:24

Bloody autocorrect TRIFLEX

Please
or

GetawayfromthatWelshtart · 23/05/2020 20:14

Oh I'm currently Google searching a non kink hose. Seen a couple I like with some decent reviews but they are pricey.

Currently looking at a Hozelock Ultra flex hose (30m for about £40) as it's an anti-kink hose with no-twist technology but there's some stainless steel ones that keep winking at me (75ft for similar price)

The trouble is £25 may not get you a decent one that won't kink or twist because hoses are known to be complete gits. :(

One thing I WILL be getting is proper ruddy brass outdoor tap connectors (male and female) because I'm SICK to the back teeth of the plastic ones always leaking at the tap. Feckers.

Please
or

FLOrenze · 24/05/2020 08:22

I have a Gardena High Flex hose. . It is the best one I have owned. I bought two hozelocks which were both dire and are sitting in out garage.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.