My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

If you have a family member in the Royal Navy, RAF or army, find support from other Mumsnetters here.

Forces sweethearts

HE'S COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!! ON THE BUS AS I TYPE

19 replies

BitTiredNow · 09/02/2008 19:49

Well, we're FINALLY here! Dh is on his way home from 7 months in Iraq and is on his way home right now. Am off for a big pamper in the bath and a huge deforestation . Thank you all for your support in what has been a horrid year - 4 months away in Canada, then home just in the nick of time for dd's birth, then a house move a week later then 8 weeks later gone to Iraq. I seriously couldn't have done it without you, my virtual friends and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your encouragement.

OP posts:
bristols · 09/02/2008 19:58

Bit tired - I haven't spoken to you before but your thread title made me have to write! How exciting. Am full of admiration for you. My DH had to go away for a week unexpectedly last month, and I fell to pieces. And he was only in Manchester!

Enjoy your pampering session and I wish you a really wonderful evening. Do you know how long he'll be home for? It's going to be lovely for you all tomorrow when dd gets up... Enjoy

BitTiredNow · 09/02/2008 20:06

thank you - he will take 24 hours to get back, so not here until teatime. The boys (dd was my third) as so excited they are fit to burst!

OP posts:
alibaabaa · 09/02/2008 21:36

I fell like crying with happiness for you. I have been on both sides, have gone away and been the one at home. I am now out, but chap still in and I hate him going away. I hope it is magical. He deserves the very best of homecomings and I don't doubt you will give him that.
Take care - hope you little uns enjoy having daddy back

twoplusone · 09/02/2008 21:37

BTN- Glad your hubby is on his way home.

We are obnthe other end tonight, DH is off to Afghan in the next hour.. he is upstairs getting his desserts on as I type.xx

Enjoy his POTL.

littlelapin · 09/02/2008 21:38

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin · 09/02/2008 21:38

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitTiredNow · 10/02/2008 21:56

Sorry two plus one - it is so horrid. As I type he is about 30 mins away - I am torn between wanting him to myself and wanting to wake up the children so he can see them! As for the pregnancy, LL, I hope so, I am so broody at the moment, but he had the snip last year. I am hoping that something will go wrong and things will force themselves up tied tubes!!!!!

OP posts:
BitTiredNow · 10/02/2008 21:57

will I have to change my name??? Maybe 'BitLessTiredNow'???

OP posts:
fairyfly · 10/02/2008 21:59

Have a wonderful time x

Scootergrrrl · 11/02/2008 10:08

Hope you're well and truly knackered today

BitTiredNow · 11/02/2008 21:24

hee hee - I am, but sadly not for naughty reasons!!!! All the children woke up with various nightmares, growing pains, and point blank refusal to go back to sleep once they saw Daddy!! still, am cracking my face from smiling so much, but poor dh looks a bit shell shocked and keeps jumping anytime one of the children makes a loud noise - eg popping a balloon or slamming a door - I guess it has takne more of a toll on him than he is letting on. Off now to administer more TLC....

OP posts:
shatteredmumsrus · 11/02/2008 21:28

oh it sounds amazing - enjoy!!!

mehdismummy · 11/02/2008 21:44

ah bless you sweetheart. Enjoy. X

BitTiredNow · 12/02/2008 19:48

thanks chapesses - am a bit k-nackered today - Scoots when your dh came back was he vv jumpy too? Dh has been outof his skin al day. makes me want to cry a bit, IYSWIM

OP posts:
VanillaPumpkin · 13/02/2008 10:34

Oh your poor DH BTN and poor you worrying . I hope things will get back to normal soon. So glad you have him home. I truly think we only hear a fraction of what they experience. You have all been through the mill haven't you? Give yourselves time.

Scootergrrrl · 13/02/2008 10:38

Yes he was. I think it's completely normal and a symptom of being permanently "on", as it were. Plenty of tlc and he'll be ok in no time. Take care x

BitTiredNow · 13/02/2008 19:52

thanks guys - I took the children away today and left him on his own to potter - but made it seem as if it was all routine, and came back and he was much more settled, and had enjoyed sorting a few things out aroudn the house etc. People keep asking if I am fed up with him yet - as if!!!! scoots - when are you coming to BF?

OP posts:
Scootergrrrl · 13/02/2008 20:11

Summer - it's as organised as that [hmmm] Are you coming back this way with Mr BTN?

BitTiredNow · 14/02/2008 18:37

no plans as yet - but if you want to do a recce of BF, we'd be happy to have you to stay and take you for a cabby round there (any excuse to go to Alex's for brunch.... oh, you mean you might want to do quarters and stuff too???!!!) I wonder if our DH's know each other? Won't give out his name here in case the fun police are around, but his first name is the same as Mr Big Tits, second name is prickly and he's REME

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.