Please or to access all these features

eBay

If you buy or sell items on eBay, you will find tips and advice on this forum.

Vinted buyer wants delayed posting immediately after purchase

6 replies

Gelsomino · 21/09/2026 15:06

Vinted question if anyone can help me

I sold an item yesterday and immediately the buyer asked if I can post in a weeks time
I replied no as I will be away then plus its outside the 5 days Vinted state for posting plus it would have been polite to ask before buying not after
They then told me to request an extension!
No I wont be in the country!

Ive offered to approve a cancellation-no reply
Ive asked again for clarification but will post this pm if no update,no reply
The messages were "seen" now unseen
Any advice?
If I cancel I will get a negative 😑

OP posts:
Nearly50omg · 21/09/2026 15:40

Cancel the sale and report buyer to vinted. Sounds like a scammer imo

Cla7 · 21/09/2026 15:47

Why can’t you message them to agree a mutually convenient time for posting? I don’t sell on Vinted but I buy, I once saw an item I liked but was about to go on a 2-weeks holiday so wouldn’t have been able to collect it in time. I considered doing what your buyer did. I ended up just not buying, but wouldn’t have found it outrageous to ask the seller whether they could delay posting.

IronEverything · 21/09/2026 15:49

I'd just send it and let them deal with the consequences.

Gelsomino · 21/09/2026 15:56

Cla7 · 21/09/2026 15:47

Why can’t you message them to agree a mutually convenient time for posting? I don’t sell on Vinted but I buy, I once saw an item I liked but was about to go on a 2-weeks holiday so wouldn’t have been able to collect it in time. I considered doing what your buyer did. I ended up just not buying, but wouldn’t have found it outrageous to ask the seller whether they could delay posting.

Have you read my post?
I have messaged and they are ignoring me
They didnt actually ask
They told me !

OP posts:
Cla7 · 21/09/2026 16:23

Gelsomino · 21/09/2026 15:56

Have you read my post?
I have messaged and they are ignoring me
They didnt actually ask
They told me !

Yes, I get that they told you to post later, so I suggested to message them reply to their message to say that you’re away the week after and find a mutually convenient time for when you’re back. Or just send it now, accept that it will be returned to you because the buyer might not be around to collect it, and then sell & send it to someone else when you’re back.

Gelsomino · 21/09/2026 17:33

Cla7 · 21/09/2026 16:23

Yes, I get that they told you to post later, so I suggested to message them reply to their message to say that you’re away the week after and find a mutually convenient time for when you’re back. Or just send it now, accept that it will be returned to you because the buyer might not be around to collect it, and then sell & send it to someone else when you’re back.

Yes I did message them back and they are ignoring me

I dont really have much choice I dont think

If I cancel I get a negative
If I dont send I get a negative
If I delay I wont be in the UK to send

They wont communicate so will post tonight and carefully photograph and video my packing

Thank you

OP posts:
New posts on this thread. Refresh page