My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

Anyone done DE IVF at Care Fertility

3 replies

Sunshinebytheseaside · 09/11/2023 22:13

After numerous rounds of failed IVF, we are considering using donor eggs. If we decide to go ahead, we will probably consider Care Fertility or maybe clinics abroad. Has anyone used Care for donor egg IVF? If so, what was your experience? Did they have a good selection of donors, did you feel confident in their matching process, how long did you need to wait, how many eggs did you get? Any words of warning?

OP posts:
Sorrento79 · 12/11/2023 19:16

Not CARE, who we did use for our first cycle of IVF. We swapped to Nurture who were also near to us as I just felt it waa extra stressful at CARE, when they would only communicate by phone and not use any messenger services or email etc and we were in constant communication ping pong. That may be different now.
TBH we just chose the next available egg donor at Nurture, having decided that anyone donating eggs was inherently kind and that's something we'd really hope for in our family. I think a lot of UK places don't really have a huge selection of potential dinors, it's a bug deal donating eggs. Good luck to you

Sorrento79 · 12/11/2023 19:17

Sorry - meant to say probably because of that we didn't need to wait at all, and we ended up with 5 embryos, and I am finally able to say we'll have a little baby by Xmas

Sunshinebytheseaside · 12/11/2023 22:15

Ah congratulations @Sorrento79 how lovely that everything has worked out for you. Interesting what you say about any egg donor being kind and that’s all that really matters - my husband said exactly the same thing today! I’ve never heard of Nurture, will look into them. Thanks for your reply and best of luck

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.