My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This forum is for Health Care Professionals including student nurses, junior doctors and adult nurses.

HCP Chat

On maternity leave covid question

4 replies

Iheardit · 05/01/2021 17:04

I am currently on maternity leave, I know the hospitals are desperate for staff I am a nurse. Would it be worth asking the trust if they could pause my maternity leave? I could potentially do 2 days a week, so work for say 6 weeks then carry on my mat leave (I am still in the half pay section of my mat leave) so am due back September time. I just feel guilty being at home doing nothing. I haven’t really worked since March last year. (Gave birth September)

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 05/01/2021 17:13

You can only work 10 KIT days and if you work more your maternity leave/pay would end

Iheardit · 05/01/2021 17:30

Thank you, I am aware of the kit days but wondering with these strange times they would let me pause my maternity leave (to finish it completely) and help for 6 weeks? I work in a high risk area although most of our nurses are now vaccinated so sickness shouldn’t be as high as it has been

OP posts:
Blue2021 · 06/01/2021 10:09

I very much doubt they would be able to do this. Could you do 5 weeks with 2 KIT days a week? It might be worth asking the question though. Xx

dementedpixie · 06/01/2021 10:12

I'm sure that once you start working again then you can't restart leave/pay

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.