My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


Domestic abuse and divorce

2 replies

hope1000 · 17/10/2018 20:47

Anyone in similar position?
Need to know if the soon to be ex can still drag it out even though I have police evidence.

OP posts:
Mary1935 · 18/10/2018 22:23

Hi OP you will be able to divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour but he may not sign the paper - however I think they then get sent recorded delivery or served by bailiffs to him. I don’t think he needs to sign the paper so long as there is proof he has had the papers.

hope1000 · 19/10/2018 00:24

Thanks for the reply. I don't suppose he will sign immediately as he won't then be in control. Dreading the long drawn out process. I just want it to be over!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.