My feed

to access all these features

Speak to new fathers on our Dads forum.


My rights as a Dad if I feel my daughter is not safe

4 replies

Candyandstripes · 30/10/2022 18:11

Hello Everyone,

My daughter currently lives with her mother (my ex partner). Our court order means I get to see her every other weekend. However, I don't believe my daughter is currently safe with her mother due to a recent incident involving her new partner. Social services are looking into it but I don't know what would happen if I was to go to court for full custody right now.

Has anyone been in this situation? Would they wait until the social services have finished their investigation? Any advice?

Thank you.

OP posts:
TheLightSideOfTheMoon · 30/10/2022 18:12

If she’s in immediate danger you need to call the police.

Mommabear20 · 30/10/2022 18:17

Not in your situation (nor have I ever been) but my friend who is a social worker, said that if you make your wish for full custody known, it could actually help with social services as they'll know there are other options than just her mother, for full time care.

Candyandstripes · 30/10/2022 20:09

The police are already involved.

OP posts:
Candyandstripes · 30/10/2022 20:10

Thanks for your response I will let social services know tomorrow.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.