Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Who is entering/has entered the WAYB short story competition?

KettleAlwaysBoiling · 26/01/2018 15:52

I enter every year with a new story and never win Grin

I like that now there is no specific theme although it took me a few weeks to come up with something I was interested in.

I have a Friday off work so have been using every Friday for the past few months to get something written. I'm just revising it again today and actually had a little weep. Usually, I write something lighthearted, but this time I've gone for something simple but very sad. It's basically just a character sitting somewhere and reflecting on her life and life choices. Sounds boring but I've really enjoyed writing it.

Once again, i'm likely not going to be selected, but I do enjoy the nudge the WAYB competition gives me to do some writing. Just wondering if anybody else is entering and how hopefuly you're feeling?

OP's posts:
Please
or

TippetyTapWriter · 26/01/2018 21:07

I haven't heard of it. Do you have a link?

Please
or

KettleAlwaysBoiling · 26/01/2018 21:10

Oh yes - that would have been helpful in my OP!

www.writersandartists.co.uk/competitions

Maximum of 2000 words, any theme, and must be submitted by midnight on 13th February (no submission fee!).

OP's posts:
Please
or

TippetyTapWriter · 27/01/2018 08:36

Great thanks! I did try googling it but didn't get anything sensible. I've never entered a competition and find short stories incredibly hard to write, but who knows, maybe a brilliant idea will suddenly occur to me!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.