Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid, pregnancy and fever

1 reply

Squiff70 · 26/07/2022 05:54

Morning,

I woke up at 5.30am shaking with cold but feeling hot, having tested positive on a lateral flow yesterday. My partner and 2 year old daughter have it too. We are all symptomatic.

My temp is 38.5 but I'm nearly 36 weeks pregnant. I took 1g paracetamol and am waiting for it to kick in whilst fighting the urge to snuggle under blankets. I'm coughing and feel very sick.

Yesterday I rang the maternity unit and they issued me with blood-thinning injections which I started last night.

Apart from trying to get my temp down and staying hydrated, is there anything else I should be doing?

Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

Scorpio8 · 26/07/2022 08:15

I am in early weeks of pregnancy and come down with the flu. But midwife told me to do another test as a lot of their ladies have it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?