Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Anyone else just hear they based lockdown on data saying 1000 Covid deaths today

Hyperbolistic · 02/11/2020 09:26

Did I hear this correctly can't find it on Google. Just heard on the news that lockdown was based on data from 3 weeks ago which estimated deaths on November 1 as 1000???? Confused

OP's posts:
Please
or

GreenPlum · 02/11/2020 09:35

Not heard the estimate of 1000 deaths on Nov 1st.

I did hear back in September that we'd hit 200 deaths a day by the end of October which we exceeded.

Also more recently that without this lockdown we'd reach 4000 a day by, I'm not sure when, sorry!

We'll never know what would have happened without lockdown.

Please
or

Hyperbolistic · 02/11/2020 09:36

I'll keep the radio on and try to get more information on the next news.

OP's posts:
Please
or

FourTeaFallOut · 02/11/2020 09:36

I'm pretty sure they were expecting November 1st to hit 400 and I don't think we are far from that, are we?

Please
or

PuzzledObserver · 02/11/2020 09:49

I saw it in the reports which the BBC had up on their website during the day on Saturday. There was a graph of 4 different projections for daily deaths peaking around mid-late December, a couple of them were around the 2,000 mark, one was lower, one was 4,000. All we’re over 1,000.

I can’t find the page now, but if I do, I’ll post a link.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.