Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

This is going into Christmas so let's share ideas for making it ok

bellinisurge · 01/11/2020 11:37

Right, if they haven't already, do your elderly relatives have access to tech that lets them make video calls? And if they hate video calls ( which is utterly reasonable) do they have access to tech for long chats? And are you scheduling long chats?
And for kids who still believe? Hope you are telling them Santa is a key worker.

More ideas to share, please.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Themostwonderfultimeoftheyear · 01/11/2020 11:41

I haven't told DS Father Christmas is a key worker because he knows he is magical and doesn't get ill or spread illness.

Please
or

Daydreamsinglorioustechnicolor · 01/11/2020 11:43

If you think about it Santa and the elves have been isolated since this all started. I hope going house to house they don't pick it up and take it back to the north Pole!

Please
or

Daydreamsinglorioustechnicolor · 01/11/2020 11:44

OP I'm trying to focus on positives too. Good thread

Please
or

Choice4567 · 01/11/2020 11:48

FC and elves are in isolation. But they’re allowed to deliver because they are key workers and magic.

Zoom family quiz?!

Please
or

gingerbreadfox · 01/11/2020 12:03

Schedule zoom calls, nice family Xmas walk. Making sure we all have loo roll for the Boxing Day poos!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.