Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Zoe Survey Invited me to do a Test

Icequeen01 · 01/11/2020 10:34

I have the Zoe app whereby each day you log how you are feeling. Last Friday I had a headache for most of the day off and on. I logged this on the Zoe app who then sent a text inviting me to have a test, which I did last night as I'm happy to help research in any way I can.

I have felt fine since then but now question myself about going into work tomorrow. Before anyone thinks I'm trying to get a day off I'm not! I work in an SEN school which stayed open throughout the first lockdown with all our children in. I'm happy to work through lockdowns. I'm not a teacher but I am the only support member of staff we have. My role is that of an office manager.

According to the government website I don't need to isolate as I don't have a fever, cough, loss of taste/smell. But, I just can't help worrying that there is a small chance I have it and I go into school.

I can work from home but not properly - our IT is crap. Would you stay home until the result?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Porcupineinwaiting · 01/11/2020 10:41

No personally I wouldnt because you dont have one of the 3 main symptoms (so wouldnt have tested unless the app invited you to) and you dont feel I'll.

I've been invited to test 4 times by the app (long covid symptoms) and all negative. Think of it as being part of a research project rather than being about diagnosing an illness.

Please
or

Neolara · 01/11/2020 10:42

No I wouldn't stay at home. I have headaches all the time and have done for years. Every single time I log a headache on Zoe I get asked to do a test. For me, headaches are normal. In the absence of other symptoms, I feel no need to self isolate. And I say this as someone who has followed the rules pretty much to the letter.

Please
or

ManxomeFoe · 01/11/2020 10:45

I had a covid test from Zoe this week as I had a persistent sore throat and fatigue.
As I didn't have a cough, temperature or loss of taste and smell I just went about my business as usual, but I did decline a non-essential visit to see my SIL as she is in the third trimester of a high risk pregnancy, and even if I didn't have Covid I probably had another milder virus I didn't want to give her.
If you're feeling fine now then you wouldn't be doing anything wrong at all by going into work.

Please
or

NiceGerbil · 01/11/2020 11:11

Going to work is fine under these circs for reasons others have said

Please
or

Icequeen01 · 01/11/2020 12:40

Thanks so much for the responses. I feel reassured now. It will be business as usual for me tomorrow 😀

OP's posts:
Please
or

GwendolineMarysLaces · 01/11/2020 17:03

I was asked to do this the other week when I had a cold. I presume the study is trying to work out whether people with atypical symptoms are likely to have Covid. I didn't self-isolate as had none of 'key' symptoms and also didn't get a test in the end as there were none available in my area.

Please
or

YonderTweek · 01/11/2020 17:18

It asks me to do a test occasionally as I get funny symptoms with my fibromyalgia, but I've never had the cough or the temp so I've not bothered yet. I don't want to take a test away from someone who actually needs it. I was asked to do one recently and I thought I would give it a go as I had a bit if a tight chest, but then the website wanted to do a million identity checks and wanted to share my data with TransUnion and I became suspicious so I didn't go ahead with it. If I had a real reason to believe I might have Covid I would test asap, but not every time Zoe tells me to.

(Luckily I'm quite isolated anyway, so a test wouldn't really make much of a difference in terms of passing the virus on.)

Please
or

Icequeen01 · 02/11/2020 07:14

Test came back negative this morning (as I expected!) but at least I know for sure now as it would have been nagging at the back of my head!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.