Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Are you worried about losing your job?

RUNFAST11 · 31/10/2020 23:13

After the new lockdown announcement do you think there is a chance you could lose your job?

The furlough scheme should have been extended longer like they did in Germany and France extending it to Dec is not enough.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PersonaNonGarter · 31/10/2020 23:19

Yes but not in the short term.

It’s more the longer term impact on the economy. My employer is no different to many many others: eventually they will have to slim down the payroll if they want to get through this. It won’t be soon, but a reorganisation in Q2 2021 seems very probable.

Please
or

VampireVicki · 31/10/2020 23:19

No, not at all.

I do think many people will lose jobs and subsequently lose their homes. However, this is not a new phenomena to me as most of my friends either had negative equity/repossessed/redundant after the 1987 crash.

When I left school, 1/10 people were on the dole. I see it as cyclical and have every faith that just as I picked myself back up, so will those who suffer now. Flowers It's really shit but it's not as unusual as you might think.

I agree that furlough will need to be extended way beyond December, but I wonder if BJ just doesn't want to scare his backbencher nasties with that right now.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.