Mumsnet Logo

to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.


Home visits to elderly father

0 replies

GreenPlum · 20/03/2020 20:44

I live with DF87 and care for him full time. No other carers. He suffers from a neurological condition and needs support with absolutely everything. Standing, walking, dressing, toileting, eating, drinking etc.

He has weekly visits from a private physio (does 45 mins worth of work) NHS physio because he recently had a fall and they're on it (does 10 mins of work and hands out exercise sheets), and district nurses (occasionally checks pressure areas, BP etc).

I also fall into the vulnerable category with asthma, high BMI and diabetes type 2. Have annual flu jab.

DS12 has asthma.

DD21 living away with family while finishing MSc.

We are social distancing very strictly for c12 weeks.

Do I let these guys carry on coming in or should I ask them not to? I'm sure they'll call me shortly. I'm just wondering what to stay.

Thank you!

OP posts:
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?