Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Does a missed period mean low fertility ? :(

Methodz · 23/09/2022 18:51

Feeling a bit glum. Planning on TTC next year (earlyish on which isn’t too close but I’m still panicking)

im a month late on my period and thinking it must be missed now

does this mean my fertility isn’t good?

I’ve had a baby before and the latest I’ve ever had a period is 2 weeks. Is this normal?

my baby is 9mo so my hormones should be back to normal now shouldn’t they

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mannymoomin · 23/09/2022 18:55

I wouldn’t say it indicates low fertility.

it’s completely normal to occasionally have an anovulatory cycle, which assuming you’re not using hormonal contraceptives, could possibly be why you’re so late

Please
or

Methodz · 23/09/2022 19:27

Yeah I’m not on hormonal contraception I’m cycle tracking!
i Know I shouldn’t worry when I’ve got a beautiful baby already and I’m not trying until next year but I don’t know I’ve never had one this late or missed one which I’m assuming it’s missed now

OP's posts:
Please
or

Richteafinger · 23/09/2022 19:37

Hi OP, I had a missed period last year, totally random, wasn't stressed and hadn't made any lifestyle changes. I was concerned as like you we were planning to TTC the next year.

I'm now 8 weeks pregnant after 2 months of TTC, so try not to worry at this point.

My period returned the next month like normal.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?