My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Children's health

Anyone know what this would be on my child’s foot?

7 replies

RudsyFarmer · 21/11/2023 09:10

I’m not sure if it’s a corn/verruca/splinter? It’s under where his toes meet the ball of his foot. He said it doesn’t hurt whilst walking, but does hurt when I was rubbing his feet being silly (which is how I discovered it).

Any ideas on how to start treating it? My instinct is Bazuka and start peeling layers of skin off, but if it’s a splinter perhaps that’s the wrong thing to do.

I’ll include a (terrible) photo and of it.

OP posts:
RudsyFarmer · 21/11/2023 09:12

I’ve taken a better photo

OP posts:
RudsyFarmer · 21/11/2023 09:12

I didn’t add it 🤣

OP posts:
Berthatydfil · 21/11/2023 09:15

Verruca. Get on the bazzuca.

Geneticsbunny · 21/11/2023 09:28

Verrucca. If you leave them they go away on their own unless there is an issue with the child's immune system. I would give him/her some vitamin d supplements as it's winter and see it it goes away on its own in the next couple.of months. Treating it risks spreading it and if his/her body can fight it off then they will be able to recognise and fight them better next time.

Snippit · 21/11/2023 10:15

Verrucca 😵‍💫

Tangofantastic · 21/11/2023 14:25

Geneticsbunny · 21/11/2023 09:28

Verrucca. If you leave them they go away on their own unless there is an issue with the child's immune system. I would give him/her some vitamin d supplements as it's winter and see it it goes away on its own in the next couple.of months. Treating it risks spreading it and if his/her body can fight it off then they will be able to recognise and fight them better next time.

Respectfully, disagree completely!
my DD had one, I left it and it spread to 6 huge ones covering her foot. It was awful. Took her to a podiatrist who treated them with one dose and they’ve never come back. No issues with her immune system.

2024writeanovel · 21/11/2023 14:26

Verruca.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.