My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Children's health

Anyone know what this might be called? Small red mark on toddlers lip?

10 replies

sheshootssheimplores · 05/07/2019 10:34

It’s been there a good eight months. Not raised. It’s maybe the size of a sharpened pencil nib. Bright red. Isn’t going anywhere.

I’ll attach a photo, might be able to get a better one when I pick him up from preschool. I noticed it seemed to be a permanent thing now but never considered I should visit a doctor to have it checked. Then yesterday I decided to worry about it and google. I did find an old post on here but it didn’t have an update and all it did was worry me further. It isn’t getting any bigger and I have no memory of any injury that could have caused it.

OP posts:
smashamasha · 05/07/2019 21:19

It's a granuloma - took my daughter to docs about same thing today - will
prob go away on its own or can be lasered when older.

Hers was caused by trauma but they can occur anyway. Think dummy use causes it to stay!

sheshootssheimplores · 06/07/2019 12:52

Oh bless you for answering smashamasha. I’ll go and google that now.

He never had a dummy at all but obviously may have banged it at some point and I just didn’t realise xx

OP posts:
Silversky70 · 06/07/2019 12:55

My daughter had one, and like you I just left it and then started panicking! The gp said it was nothing to worry about. In fact, I'm not sure she still has it, I'll have to check!

smashamasha · 06/07/2019 17:43

No worries!

Lavinavemelgar · 01/10/2021 21:29

Is called angioma. My Daughter has on lip too

Siskaam · 15/11/2021 00:21

My kid has the same thing. What did you find out?

Lavinavemelgar · 15/11/2021 03:06

Yes. Its called angioma. I took my Dd to derma and she explanied that is angioma maybe a result uv radiation. Nothing to do. Maybe fade away, if not laser can help.

Dmontgomery · 29/06/2023 16:48

This has been on my son's lip for 10 months it never changes. But I'm worried about it

Lee22e · 28/07/2023 03:52

My son has had something like this since January. He's almost 10. It's really red and blanches when you press on it. I have one on my hand but Google says having one on the lip can indicate a serious syndrome. I'm worried..

Ninanin4 · 14/11/2023 10:43

Hello, a red mark similar to this appeared on my 5 years old child’s lip. I am very nervous about it. Did you figure out what was on your child’s lip? Thank you in advance

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.