My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join in for children's book recommendations.

Children's books

Help me remember the rest of this poem

7 replies

Queenoftheharpies · 02/11/2009 16:45

It starts "I drew a little apple, but it looked so like the sun that I drew something something something something...."

I think you can sort of draw along with the poem IYSWIM

OP posts:
etakpaste · 11/05/2010 22:58

Did anyone ever help find the rest of this poem?
Because I remember it too.
I recited it with primitive flip chart ( before they were invented) at a church social when i was about 7 and i'm 50 now!
It was simple but satisfying
Unfortunately i can't remember the rest either but if you found it, let me know.

kmckenna477 · 26/03/2017 17:30

I drew the moonbeams round it
And I counted twenty one.

franrh · 04/08/2017 00:39

I drew a little apple and it looked so like a head
I drew a little body and it made a man instead
I gave him arms, legs, and toes
And I put a row of buttons down the middle of his clothes
Then I turned the paper over and I drew a little boat
The little boat was sailing fast (I cant remember the rest

Rosiebass · 14/01/2018 08:50

I looked at it, I liked it, I laughed and said ‘for fun I think I’ll draw an apple now that looks just like the sun?

Or did I make that bit up?

Rosiebass · 14/01/2018 08:56

I had to recite it when at junior school about 55 years ago. Loved it. Loved learning poems.

EHunt261116 · 17/02/2022 16:11

I have this poem on my wall that my grandad wrote out many years ago! Complete with little drawings.

I drew a little apple that looked just like a head
So I drew a little body and made a man instead

I gave him arms and fingers and I gave him legs and toes. I gave him eyes and mouth and I drew a little nose

I drew a row of buttons down the front of his smart coat. Then I turned the paper over and I drew a little boat.

The little boat was sailing and the sea was very blue. There were seagulls flying over it like seagulls often do.

I looked at it and liked it. I laughed and then I said. I think I’ll draw an apple now that isn’t like a head.

So I drew a little apple and it looked so like the sun. That I gave it lots of sunbeams and I counted 21.

It had to shine on something so i drew a little shed. Then I gave it smoke and a chimney and it was a house instead.

I gave it little windows and then a little door. I don’t think I had ever drawn such a lovely house before.

I drew a little table and then a little chair. Next a tiny pussycat for the people living there.

But I’m tired of drawing apples so I think I’ll go and play. I’ll pack up my books neatly and I’ll put them right away.

Xx

LadyDoodle27 · 20/02/2023 11:48

I have to say thanks as I have wondered for over 50yrs about this poem. Who wrote it tho.??? I remember having to recite it at primary school 😊

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.