My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

********** STAFF ROOM - SUNDAY ********** (I know, I know but I'm bored!!!)

10 replies

bloodsuckingLOONEY · 07/10/2007 14:05

Hello everyone

I'm soooooooo bored, I thought I'd see if anyone else was about.

Just got a bowl of strawberries and off to put the kettle on in case anyone wants to join me.

LT x

OP posts:
Mamag · 07/10/2007 14:06

OK I know I'm not staff but I'll join you!

bloodsuckingLOONEY · 07/10/2007 14:11

Hello and welcome to the staffroom Just don't go nicking any biscuits we've had a bit of trouble in here of late

Seriously though, thanks for coming in, I'm bored out of my mind. Caught baby mindees cold so was feeling rough all weekend anyway but then it was my turn to get up today and ds was up from 5am with the runs so I've been wiping, stroking tummy, wuping, stroking tummy.....youo get my drift! Now ds had perked up but I just want to curl up into a ball and sleep for the rest of the day lol. Wish he'd rest when he's unwell!!

So, what have you been up to this weekend?

[off to do tea as the first time round I forgot to switch the kettle on! I'll bring a pot in and will pour you a cup when I'm back]

OP posts:
Mamag · 07/10/2007 14:13

Took the DC to the coast for teh day yesterday with DH, we met up with my Mum and her DH.

it was glorious, walking around in T shirts FGS! Also was good to have my Mum there to spoil the DC!

Donkey rides on teh beach too, what fun. Thought that was all done with this year.

DS now having a nap and DH, DD and the dog have gone for a walk - half an hour of peace for me! whoo hoo!

Poor you and your DS, its typical that when you feel dreadful they'll be charging around full of vigour

bloodsuckingLOONEY · 07/10/2007 14:17

Milk and sugar?

Wow, sounds like a fab weekend I didn't even know it was nice out there as I was in bed til about 3pm yesterday. I rarely do that even when poorly but I ached so much and I wanted to be better for the kids next week. But, I've had to inform them I'll be closed tomorrow due to ds as I'm not allowed to have children mixing when they have this. Never mind, to my surprise everyone was fine.

Yes, it is typical that ds is always charging about, no matter what!! He looks so washed out but he's determined to play....oh....and jump on mummy

OP posts:
Mamag · 07/10/2007 14:20

lol
how old is DS? They soon bounce back don't they.

(black please, no sugar)

bloodsuckingLOONEY · 07/10/2007 14:56

Oh....black tea!! Ok, sorry if the pot is cold ended up having to sort something out and then went on Facebook and forgot about the tea!

He's 4, going to be 5 in March and off to big school. He's never ill, no matter how ill he is iykwim. Loads of times he should have been tucked up in bed, he's just got over the chicken pox and did that affect him - NO!! I'm glad he's ok with it, don't get me wrong, I'm just soooooooo tired all I want to do is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OP posts:
bloodsuckingLOONEY · 07/10/2007 15:56

Oh well..........looks like everyone else has a got a life but me this weekend! Well....pleased for you, just feeling sorry for myself

Hubby just back from big Asda shop so going to help him unpack and see if I can sneak a little snooze on the sofa.

Guess what........I phoned the sisters' mum earlier to let her know I couldn't open tomorrow due to ds having a bug and she was ok I was sooooo relieved

Right, best help dh.

OP posts:
MamaGonnaShagOrlando · 07/10/2007 16:46

you abandoned me woman!

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon

bloodsuckingLOONEY · 07/10/2007 16:50

I know, felt awful Ds was nagging and I had to sort something and then I totally forgot to come back - crazy I know but you know what it's like when you feel like a complete zombie and you just can't think straight!! I'm going to creep to dh and see if he'll let me go to bed for a bit as I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Sorry again for not coming back - was the tea cold?

OP posts:
Earthymama · 07/10/2007 22:23

BSL you are not alone! I've got shingles in my hairand an ear infection so no work for me. I'm relieved to have found out why I was feeling so awful.

Last week after all pickups I was sat on the sofa texting DP; I woke up 20 mins later with the phone still in my hand mid-text.

I'm taking this as a warning to reassess my life a little.

I hope you feel better soon, rest up tomorrow.

Mama, that sounds like the perfect day, good on you. The sun didn't shine here today til 6pm so I didn't think I was missing out.

CM club have a good week,
Blessings EM

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.