My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Sods Law is a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 replies

LoveMyGirls · 16/04/2007 14:27

In feb i was full for under 5's and i got quite a few phone calls which i passed on then in march 1 ft child left, at the beginning of april i got notice for another child, now i've taken on 2 school age children holidas only 3 days a week (part time)

Today i've had an enquirey for a school age child which i can't really do for 2 reasons

a. the child goes to a different school to my dd and they both finish at the same time.
b. i cant do holiday care unless they fit in with the children ive just taken on.......

Doh! I woke up this morning with a positive frame of mind - instictivly i knew i would get an enquirey today, i felt really good about it - now i feel a bit deflated because i think thats it for today and its not what i needed iyswim.

Now can i have some FT children under 5 sent my way please btw i do still have some positive vibes left i'd say its about 60%

OP posts:
crace · 16/04/2007 14:58

Oh bless you, hopefully it sorts itself out soon.

It's just such a bad time of year or something! I had an enquiry cancel on me last week and then never reschedule and another not show up!

looneytune · 16/04/2007 15:04

LMG's - I did this when first started so now I have a 'waiting list' - sounds good doesn't it and then if I loose someone, I get on the phone and start ringing (or emailing if that's how they contacted me).

Hope things pick up soon mate

FeelingOld · 16/04/2007 16:11

LMG, poor you.
Round here there just do not seem to be any fulltimers, I only know of 1 childminder who has a full time child (by that I mean more than 30 hours per week).
I have 13 part timers though and it works for me (7 under 5's, ranging from 5 to 20 hours per week).
I hate having to turn work down but sometimes there just isn't anything you can do sadly.

nannynick · 16/04/2007 19:01

If it makes you feel any better, I got home today to find two enquiries, neither of which will result in any work for me, due to one reason or another. Been rather quiet the past few months enquiry wise, and then I get two on one day, and both are useless - ahh!

LoveMyGirls · 16/04/2007 21:26

Well what a turn around - i've actually turned that enquirey down now because IVE FILLED MY AFTER SCHOOL SPACE everyday!! and possibly 2 days a week during hols sometimes.

I got a phonecall when i got home from town and the dad came round and did contracts and mindee is starting tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if i can just fill my under 5 spaces i'll be really really chuffed!!

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 18/04/2007 09:24

They really are like buses aren't they! i've passed 2 school children on to my cm friend yesterday because i couldn't take any more after schoolers on then this morning i get a phonecall for a baby to start in sept, shes coming to meet me tomorrow even though i'm hoping i wont still have spaces by september!

WOW though!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.