My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


CM CLUB:is there a generic number for social services?

2 replies

PinkChick · 10/04/2007 21:16

am putting thier number in my child protection file and cant seem to find anything other than council numbers????

OP posts:
pinkspottywellies · 11/04/2007 16:24

Social Services are a department within a council - AFAIK there isn't an umbrella organisation. The number will be a council one - in my area they have an emergency duty team (including out of hours) and another team for planned assesments. I imagine most areas have similar. Has your Council got a customer services call centre - they should be able to tell you which numbers to use in which circumstances. HTH

PinkChick · 11/04/2007 19:28

got it thanks, they have a local number an emergency one

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.