My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

CM Club : I'm pleased and annoyed

5 replies

saltire · 22/03/2007 09:25

If it's possible to be both.
Pleased - Mindee 2's mum told me at the start of the week she was off on Friday, and Mindee 1's mum told me yesterday that she had muddled up and I wasn't having mindee1 on friday either. She is still going to pay me though. So I thought great, DH is off, and I'm off we can have a nice day together, and I always enjoy an unexpected day off. So that's me pleased.

Annoyed - well mindee 2's mum turned up at 8.30 to tell me that I wasn't getting him today as she was off, but her phone had been cut off so she hadn't been able to call me and her elctric had been cut off, and could I add this weeks bill on to next weeks as the Tax Credits hadn't gone in, apparently the tax credit people are saying that they need to pay everyone by cheque as they are having problems paying into bank accounts. One of the other CM's told me this has happened to a few people she knows.

Mindee 1 who was supposed to be here at 8(ish) still isn't here. no message to say we will be late, no phone call to say if he's ill. His mum is supposed to start at 9, even if she drops him off in next 10 minutes it's going to be after 10 when she gets into work.
I've tried calling, but there's no answer, but her DH was working last night so she may have her phone tunred down. I need to go and post some parcels and get some bread, don't know whether to just go, or hang around for 1/2 hour

OP posts:
StrawberrySnowflakes · 22/03/2007 09:30

argh, awful when you dont know whats going on..and nightmare about not getting paid yet..hope you have a nice well earnerd day off tomorrow

saltire · 22/03/2007 09:48

Mindee 1's mum has finally decided to phone me. She is taking her older son to the Docs so will drop mindee of at 10 ish. Bet she doesn't come back for him if the older one is ill.

OP posts:
StrawberrySnowflakes · 22/03/2007 10:17

its nice to be regarded so highly isnt it!

mindee 1 was due this morn at 8.30.left for school at 8.40(ten mins late, shouldnt have botherd) and they turned up 9.35!.not even a mention!

saltire · 22/03/2007 10:35

She finally turned up at 10.15! I've just had to hunt around n my cupboard for a coat for him as she didn't bring one, even though she knew I was going out! Grrrr

OP posts:
StrawberrySnowflakes · 22/03/2007 10:39

..why do parents not consider their childrens wellbeing when they send them to us???????

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.