My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Pre-registration session tonight - What to expect....

9 replies

julezboo · 13/03/2007 13:12

Tbh I read the paperwork that came with my invitation and it all seems so complicated! Ive been looking forward to getting stuck in, was just waiting till Id had my baby (now 3 weeks old) I know its gonna take a few weeks we have a few issues with the house that needs sorting. Just wanted to get started. What should I expect from tonight?

thanks x x

OP posts:
ajj · 13/03/2007 13:52

Had mine about 8 weeks ago.
It was lots of info about what you are letting yourself in for & lots of paperwork to take away. They explained about filling in the application forms & further courses available. Nothing to worry about.

StrawberrySnowflakes · 14/03/2007 08:17

how did it go?

julezboo · 14/03/2007 10:10

Went good, didnt expect there to be so many people tbh. Just reminded me I have to call up to get on the ICP course for next month!

Any tips to help me get started!?

OP posts:
StrawberrySnowflakes · 14/03/2007 10:36

ah, youll love it icp course for me was fab, met some nice girls there, still in toch now as all working..its(or at least mine was) very informal but informative, make sure you are absolutely certain when you are doing your case studies as to what you need to do as we had two tutors due to illness and we all had to re do them as 2nd tutor got it all wrongand i had to re-re do mine cos you only need something like 50 words per page and i blather on as you may see...and i passed in may but have still not got my certificate!!..are you doing first aid straight after?, you could also ring surestart and see if theyre offering any other training in relation to it?

ajj · 14/03/2007 10:40

Strawberry...what case studies?
I have almost completed my ICP, just got child protection to do and we have not had any case studies!!!!
I have an exam to do next month which is muliple choice but as far as I know that is it.

StrawberrySnowflakes · 14/03/2007 10:44

ooh..we had to right our interpretation of each of the standards like child protection etc, maybe thats not a case study??..doh, no its not is it, whats it called?..oh god dont listen to me!

StrawberrySnowflakes · 14/03/2007 10:44

'write' not right

julezboo · 14/03/2007 10:51

probably will be doing first aid right after it . need to get the house safe.

Also question, our garden is a mess, we do have a small square fenced off for ds to play in but the steps down to it are a bit of a state, would they fail me on that?

OP posts:
StrawberrySnowflakes · 14/03/2007 16:27

i would def get steps sorted, i would think they would see fault in that

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.