My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Help please ofsted letter!!!!!!!!!!

8 replies

boo70 · 05/03/2007 14:17

Hi i need to sent a letter to ofted to ask if i can have another child, i currently have two under fives but want to up this to three. does anyone know how i can word this. Thank you so much

OP posts:
StrawberrySnowflakes · 05/03/2007 15:05

hi, just give them your reasons ie: say you have got/or had lots of enquiries for another child of this age to care for, you feel you are more than capable to manage the increase, have lots of eqipment and xperience with this age group and so on...good luck

Raggydoll · 05/03/2007 15:11

i thought you could have 3 under fives ???

StrawberrySnowflakes · 05/03/2007 15:12

depends on what they think when they come round, they asked me how many i wanted and also depends upong space in house

ThePrisoner · 05/03/2007 20:31

The wording on your letter will depend on why you are only allowed to have 2 under fives at the moment.

princesscc · 05/03/2007 20:45

How long have you been minding? If its more than a couple of years, I can't see what the problem is. Just state that you would like to increase your numbers and that you have adequate provisions for a 3rd one and it shouldn't be a problem

boo70 · 05/03/2007 22:48

Thanks for your help, ive been registered for about a year now and at the time my daughter was nearly 5, now she is at school all day and its hard to make a living with just 2 under 5 s, so was going to write and see if i could now have 3 under 5 s.

OP posts:
ThePrisoner · 06/03/2007 00:09

In that case, all you really need to do is something along the lines of ...

... as my dd is now 5 years old and is at school full-time, can you please amend my registration to allow me to have three children under the age of 5 years.

There really shouldn't be any problems with this, as you are not asking for any kind of major variation. You could add that you have now been minding for nearly a year, and have gained lots more experience.

Rubybees · 06/03/2007 20:16

I did this when ds started school back in Apr 06 (one year already) I put how now ds (age, name etc.) starting school (date) ect. then got a very quick response too!! Should be no problem

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.