My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Au pairs - medical insurance needed ?

4 replies

Mojomummy · 09/02/2007 10:34

Hi, hopefully we have found a nice spanish girl to help us out. She is coming to visit us in March, see if she likes us I guess.

1. should we offer to pay her ? ( the visit is at her request)

2. What if she becomes our au-pair, does she need meical insurance or can she join at our doctors ?

Thanks !
OP posts:
Bugsy2 · 09/02/2007 10:51

2nd question is easiest to answer so I'll do that one first! She can join at your GP surgery.
Don't know about offering to pay for her flight to visit you. Perhaps if you like her & decide to take her on, you could offer some money towards the cost of her flight?

Mojomummy · 09/02/2007 11:03

excellent that's good news about the surgery.

About her visit, I meant to pay her whilst she stays with us . We are offering #60 per week, should we pro rata this for the 2 days she spends with us ? One day DD1 will be at nursery, day 2 there will be myself DD1 & DD2 (3.5 yrs & 7 mths )

OP posts:
Bugsy2 · 09/02/2007 11:55

Don't really know with regard to the visit, as it is not something I've come accross before. I'm not sure I'd pay her for the visit, but I think I would volunteer to contribute towards her flight.

Mojomummy · 09/02/2007 13:09

ok thanks for your help

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.