My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

I realise this is unlikely, but are there any babysitters near Battersea who want a job for tonight?

9 replies

Wilbur · 31/12/2006 10:18

We have been invited out to dinner tonight but have no babysitter. It's a long shot but thought maybe one of the MN nannies or childminders might be near us and willing to spend their NYE at our place. We can pay £12 per hour, and my 3 kids are all good sleepers and not likely to get up or need entertaining. If anyone is interested (oh, this is such a long shot), please post here and I will give you my email.

OP posts:
Blackduck · 31/12/2006 10:24

You coult try contacting sitters.com and see if they can do you at short notice...

nannynick · 31/12/2006 11:13

Not sure I can be of much help. I'm nannying daytime today until 8pm, so couldn't be in Battersea until at least 9pm if traffic is reasonable. Don't know if that's of any help. Find out more about me...

Will ask around a bit and see if I can find someone, you never know your luck.

themildmanneredjanitor · 31/12/2006 11:54

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannynick · 31/12/2006 12:01

Yep, afraid so... I'm a manny. Been working in Childcare since the late 80's, so guess that makes me an old manny!

Wilbur · 31/12/2006 12:45

Hi nannynick, like the website! Thanks for that, but sadly that is a bit late as our friends are cooking dinner and it would be a bit rude to rock up at 9.30. Do you usually babysit in Battersea (or Balham which is where we usually live)? We are a bit short of people to call on generally at the moment so I would love to add you to our sitter list.

OP posts:
Wilbur · 31/12/2006 12:48

Sorry have just read the website properly and see that you are outside of London generally. If you ahve any contacts who are in our area, I would be interested to hear from them.

OP posts:
nannynick · 31/12/2006 13:06

No I don't usually cover London - though did work in Chiswick for a few years.

Would travel to help a fellow mumsnetter out on this occasion, but under usual circumstances I only cover West Surrey, East Berkshire and North East Hampshire.

lalapol · 19/04/2009 13:26

Hi Wilbur
I babysit in Balham, so if you ever need anyone, do contact me - I should be free!
My email is [email protected] if you need to know anything else
Polly

Blondeshavemorefun · 19/04/2009 13:55

lalapol the op was nearly 2.5yrs ago - nye 06

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.