My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

OFSTED coming one day next week ... hellppp

9 replies

lottiesmummy · 03/11/2006 20:09

any helpfull advice? this is my 1st grading inspection

OP posts:
gooseegg · 03/11/2006 20:32

I had my inspection last week. These are some things that I think are important.

Use individual flannels on a single use and pop in the bin method.

Lots of drinks offered to the children and a fresh drinking water dispenser if poss.

Get some birth to three obs and planning going to suit your setting.

Practice fire drills and record.

Comprehensive and regularly updated risk assessments

Privacy arrangements for older children who need intimate care ie children with special needs.

Have all your paperwork ready.

Look through some of the reports that have been published on the Ofsted site for childminders. It's easy to pick out the things that regularly get forgotten.

fizzbuzz · 03/11/2006 20:35

Don't know if this will help, my childminder, who is fantastic, couldn't find some certificate about calpol, so got given satisfactory which is just a load of crap....

fizzbuzz · 03/11/2006 20:35

Don't know if this will help, my childminder, who is fantastic, couldn't find some certificate about calpol, so got given satisfactory which is just a load of crap....

lottiesmummy · 03/11/2006 20:52

that will be the consent form for giving medicines i think, thanks so much xxx

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 04/11/2006 10:08

consent emergency medical form
id bands for outings
complaints leaflet available for parents to see/ take home

Good luck!

i had mine last week and i was very nervous but it was fine and mindee was very well behaved

NurseyJo · 04/11/2006 10:17

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

smeeinit · 04/11/2006 10:29

ofsted are so hot on paperwork so just make sure you have all that in place!
imo ofsted concentrate way too much on the paperwork side of things its beyond ridiculous
dont know about everyone else bit i went into this job to care for children not to write endless policies and obs and ime thats what the parents want too.

smeeinit · 04/11/2006 10:29

btw i got a good at my first inspection also

lottiesmummy · 04/11/2006 11:35

thanks guys all really helpfull, i think i have most things in place, just checking if ive missed anything as this is ot for the next 3 yrs

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.