Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.
cmclub - choices.....what would you do.
LoveMyGirls · 03/11/2006 08:27
ok i have 1 ft mindee (50hrs)who as some of you know has caused me problems but has improved last few days to an acceptable standard.
i have a baby (11mths) due to be starting soon parents seemed very keen but havent given me a start date yeti have emailed mum to say i need confirmation, contracts, deposit or retainer etc because i've had another enquirey
my other enquirey is for a 2yr boy starting in jan for 16hrs a week but they may want more hours as and when needed.
so im gonna see how it pans out but waht would your decision beas i can only have 2 of the 3.
ThePrisoner · 03/11/2006 19:57
I wouldn't give notice to a current mindee without good reason, so would continue with the full-time child.
Morally, if I have agreed to mind a child, I wouldn't be happy to go back on a verbal agreement. If you can ensure that the parents definitely want you, then I would have the new baby. There's nothing to stop you telling the parents that you need a definite answer as you are getting fresh enquiries.
Assuming that the 2yr old is a recent enquiry, then they would have to wait for a definite answer when you have confirmation about the baby.
LoveMyGirls · 03/11/2006 21:19
thanks TP that is what i have done, bumped into babies mum in town and shes coming round on tuesday to do settling in and paperwork so its all sorted will phone 2yrs family on tues when its signed and sealed. (as he said theyre in no hurry so want to make sure its def sorted)
LoveMyGirls · 11/11/2006 22:29
his mums job is moving her away.
ive got a new family coming to see me tomorrow and their lo is 2 and they want him to come for a couple of hours a day for a bit and then 2 days for a couple of weeks then start full time jan to march and then come down to 3 days. so could work out ok i hope.
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.