My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Working as Childminder : havent been paid... plz help

15 replies

lottiesmummy · 10/09/2006 20:12

My mindee's father was meant to pay me thurs, but forgot his cheque book so said he'd bring fri, then didnt come so I called and he promised to bring cash sat... never turned up... have tried calling his mobile but he's not answered, child due tomoro... what would you do?

Would you take the child tomoro? (this is only my 2nd week too)

OP posts:
lottiesmummy · 10/09/2006 20:13

I have an CMA contract that says payment in advance on a tues, well this is now arrears

OP posts:
lottiesmummy · 10/09/2006 20:13

NCMA

OP posts:
maggiesmama · 10/09/2006 20:14

take the child tomorrow, but explain that unless they bring the money when the collect him/her, you wont be able to take them until you receive payment?

lottiesmummy · 10/09/2006 20:20

I just don't want to loose this job, why is it so hard?

thanks xx

OP posts:
dmo · 10/09/2006 21:22

its hard if he's a single dad
explain that as he was late paying a cheque is no good to you and its cash only
i take busy bee vouchers can he get them from his work? (they are tax free from his wages with your name on the voucher)
hopefully when he's on his feet he will be a good payer

lottiesmummy · 10/09/2006 22:30

I really hope so thanks

OP posts:
franyfroo · 11/09/2006 10:37

do you charge a late fee. if he comes tell him that next time it late you will charge. also dont exect cheques......cash in advance ONLY.

lottiesmummy · 11/09/2006 10:39

he came with cash this morning for last weeks care...

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 11/09/2006 11:07

he needs to be paying in advance so will he come tomorrow with money for this week?

lottiesmummy · 11/09/2006 11:18

no probs not, its difficult as he's waiting on his WFTC claim to start paying me then it will be advance, he's a single dad ...

OP posts:
Katymac · 11/09/2006 11:58

Can you imagine the reatcion at Tescos if after scanning all you stuff you said...."I haven't got my TC yet so I'll pay next Friday"

LoveMyGirls · 11/09/2006 12:29

lottiesmummy - dont learn the lesson i did i was sympathetic to a single mum - she now owes me £200 - this is your bussiness, your job, your family relies on you to get money to pay bills for them to live stop being so soft and get him to pay upfront - if he cant afford it its his problem to sort out how to pay you just as KM says he pays for stuff in tesco's he can pay you!

not trying to be hard but i think youre being too soft hun.

lottiesmummy · 11/09/2006 12:53

I'll do my best, im just too damn nice i know lol... thanks xxx

OP posts:
HappyMumof2 · 11/09/2006 12:56

Message withdrawn

ayla99 · 11/09/2006 13:52

I explain to parents that if they are paying with funds from tax credits that is between them and the IR and does not affect their responsibility to pay me on the agreed date. I charge £5 per child per day if I haven't received CLEARED funds on or before the agreed date. Also I get parents to choose their payment day/date in the beginning to co-incide with their salary or benefit payments. Eg if they want to pay on 21st they have to pay for Octobers childcare on or before 21st September.

On the contract where I put the amount to be paid & the payment due date I have started putting a list:-
last date for cheque payments [put the date 7 days before payment due date]
last date for online payments [3 days before payment date] etc

I also have a months deposit up front which I keep in a separate account til the end of the childcare arrangement - if there is a problem I can pay myself from this which will give the parent a little more time to sort themselves out before I withdraw my service to them.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.