My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

cm club- any final tips?

12 replies

Isyhan · 24/04/2006 14:52

OFSTED coming on wednesday to register me hopefully. anyone have any final tips?

OP posts:
jellyjelly · 24/04/2006 15:03

Be yourself and be tidy

diddle · 24/04/2006 15:28

stay confident and positive, take on board everything they say, and remember they're just like everyone else, just normal people. if you have any concerns or worries don't be afraid to ask them, they're there to help. if there are any items that need changing or adjusting in your home or paperowrk they will tell youa nd give you time to sort it out, then re-inspect you.

Good Luck.

FeelingOld · 24/04/2006 17:59

Just before I had my pre-reg inpection I walked round my house room by room making a note of anything I felt I might need to do eg move any ornaments, fit cupboard locks or anything I might need to buy(after all you can't do/have everything for every age of child). I then had this list with me when the inspector came and she was very impressed that I had thought about everything and thought I was very organised. So don't worry if you don't have toys/equipment for say a baby, as long as you know what you would need should you mind a baby that's ok.

Welcome to club and good luck.
Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

cece · 24/04/2006 18:02

Sorry to hijack but do you need to do a course to become a cm? We are moving soon and I will be giving up my job as it is a new area. Been wondering how easy it is to start up as a CM. i am already a teacher.

jellyjelly · 24/04/2006 19:02

Yes you need to do a pre registration course that can be run over 6 evening or 2 saturdays where you learn everything you need to know and a first aid course is needed before you can start work.

It isnt that quick so it could be good for you to search out a first aid course now and do it then you wont have to wait to go on one.

Isyhan · 24/04/2006 19:32

jellyjelly- be yourself and be tidy - contradiction in terms thats why Im panicking!! Feelingold I liked the list idea. Im going to do that tomorrow. If Ive planned to childmind downstairs (now have a downstairs loo) will they just look downstairs or all over?

OP posts:
boo70 · 24/04/2006 20:16

Yes I have just registered, to use my downstairs only and they still needed to look upstairs!!!

boo70 · 24/04/2006 20:20

Also Isyhan try to have things ready for her/him as I was running all over my house looking for passport driving licence etc. Good Luck!

LoveMyGirls · 25/04/2006 08:32

when i had mine i didnt realise she would need to see all the ID for my dp (i know call me stuuuupid) but i just assumed she would only need to see mine, dp ended up having to come home to show her his driving license - she idnt look impressed but i still managed to get registered!! (thank god!)

Isyhan · 25/04/2006 17:32

Thanks for the tips. I feel quite sick!

OP posts:
ThePrisoner · 25/04/2006 21:33

You will be fine! Good luck Smile

LoveMyGirls · 26/04/2006 10:48

good luck - let us know how you get on!!!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.