My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Normally ok with interviews but this one i'm nervous about..

9 replies

puppy · 01/12/2005 12:04

Lady from childrens Information Service has just rung to update vacancies while she was on she asked what schools i do pick ups from and basically said that she was looking for herself and could she come and see me regarding minding her LO. Why do I feel so nervous? luckily i have a fortnight to prepare myself for it.

OP posts:
ThePrisoner · 01/12/2005 18:20

Perhaps you should feel flattered as it could mean that someone has put in a good word for you

katymac · 01/12/2005 18:47

Good luckXXXXXX

puppyisnotjustforxmas · 02/12/2005 13:51

Thanks TP and Kmac, I feel like i'm going to have another inspection, i'm sure it won't be that bad she seems a lovely lady and i can remember her giving a talk about the information service while I was on the ICP.

ThePrisoner · 02/12/2005 22:00

Just imagine how much worse you would feel if an OFSTED inspector rang you up needing childcare!! (Do OFSTED inspectors have childminders??)

jothorpe · 03/12/2005 11:26

From past experience, Ofsted inspectors do use childminders and nurseries, as do managers and other staff at Ofsted.

Unless they told you who they worked for... would you actually know.

ThePrisoner · 03/12/2005 14:16

During initial discussions with parents, I think I've always been told or have asked what job parents do (it crops up in conversation). I certainly wouldn't turn anyone down based on their job - I've minded for tax inspectors and social workers, so am pretty used to being scrutinised!!

puppyisnotjustforxmas · 03/12/2005 16:08

Don't get me wrong, I would never turn anybody away on the basis of what they do for a living which is why i have a interview with her booked. Besides you can't really turn people away as you might not get another one for quite sometime.

It has come at a good time for me as I have just lost one mindee as they have moved an hours drive away and one of my other families have just reduced their hours with me, so fingers crossed.

I were just nervous about it initially and got the call while I was on here so posted a thread about it.

ThePrisoner · 03/12/2005 18:41

Hope you didn't think I was suggesting you shouldn't childmind for the CIS lady!! Good luck

puppyisnotjustforxmas · 04/12/2005 00:00

Nope don't worry, I didn't think you was suggesting that TP

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.